Monday, July 15, 2013

Good Vibrations By S.L. Scott

51lKUx6sAHL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA278_PIkin4,BottomRight,-66,22_AA300_SH20_OU01_

synopsis copy

From Amazon:

I grab her exploring finger just as it reaches my happy trail--a trail that if I let her wander down further will lead us to do things we can't take back. Things like three-word phrases being confessed that would end me if I was rejected. Things like selfishly wanting to own her body and doing things to her that would make my fantasies blush. And things like making her promises too soon that won't do either of us any good. She makes me want a future that's not possible, and one I don't deserve.


Listening to my ego got me into this situation. Will listening to my heart get me out?

thoughts copy

I think just about every woman has wondered what would happen if she went on a vacation to a sexy tropical paradise and found her own personal boy-toy, ready and waiting to whisk her off her feet the moment her toes hit the sand. Good Vibrations by S.L. Scott, the first book in her Welcome to Paradise series,  is the perfect blend of fantasy, angst, snark and steam to get your summer reading off to a good start.

Before reading this book, I checked out a lot of reviews and I was disappointed to see that so many people were hung up on the angst quotient. But lets be real. Mallory and Evan are young 20-somethings with emotions and hormones that sometimes lead to some crazy results. Did you know what you wanted when you were their age? Was everything a perfect world of unicorns and rainbows. Good Vibrations explores that dynamic very well.

I had a lot of notes on this as I was reading; they ran the gamut from “Oh my god. Mallory and Evan, get your heads out of the sand already! This is angsty as hell! Up! Down! Up! Down!” to “I will never look at pineapple the same way again!”

I really suggest checking this one out if you’re in the mood for something to keep you entertained for a while.

**I purchased my copy of Good Vibrations for Kindle for $2.99, and it's currently available on Amazon for $2.99 as of the date of this post**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...