Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Review: Good Intentions by S.L. Scott

51Pzqd05JcL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA278_PIkin4,BottomRight,-64,22_AA300_SH20_OU01_

synopsis copy

From Amazon:

Our eyes meet and we spend a moment looking into the others', reading the fear and the love that mingles within. I move slowly down and kiss her forehead, her nose, her eyelids, her cheeks, and her chin before I kiss her lips again--soft and gentle, not rushed, but sensual. She smiles and I die inside knowing that I won't get to see her face every day. I've been spoiled by this sweet angel giving me all her days and nights. I possessively take hold of her wrists and like so many times before, the air stills as our connection intensifies. I can't help myself when it comes to her.

I kiss her.

Rain pours down harder and I wrap my arms around her, engulfing her body, her love, her soul.

I have faith our love can overcome the obstacles that will undoubtedly arise from us choosing to be together, but I still worry... Will our good intentions be good enough?

thoughts copy

Good Intentions is the sequel to S.L. Scott’s novel Good Vibrations, and she continues the saga of Mallory and Evan with the same amount of angst and drama that she’s known for. This is book two in a three book series and thankfully picks up almost exactly where book one left off, with Mallory getting ready to meet Evan’s parents with the help of her friend Sunny and Evan’s sister Kate.

I hate to admit it, but I used to be a HUGE soap opera junkie. SERIOUSLY! This series feeds my addiction to the max and keeps me fiending for more Evan!

Where Good Vibrations had all the swoony moments of first love, first kisses, and *ahem* first bangin’ (hee hee, she said bangin’!) during what should have been a hot summer fling, Good Intentions sends your head on a tailspin as Evan and Mallory’s relationship takes a beating from all sides.

First off we have Mrs. Ashford. Seriously this woman needs to be strung up on a rack and tortured for needling into her son’s life. I mean, come on! I love my sons, but I would NEVER do what Mrs. Ashford did, trying to keep Evan in line for her own intentions.

Do you all remember Kelly?

“Who’s Kelly?” you ask.

Remember in Good Vibrations when Mallory first sees Evan in the airport as he’s sending off his latest fling home after her vacation? Yeah, THAT was Kelly. And Kelly reappears at the Ashford’s annual 4th of July party, ready to stake claim to Evan with Mrs. Ashford’s blessing.

I wanted to maim that B!@#$.

Remember Noah?

Yeah Noah. He’s… He turns out to be a real douchebag of epic proportions. Apparently he sees his chance with Mallory after she and Evan get into over Kelly’s appearance at the party, and Noah decodes, “Oh. Hey. Here’s my chance to really stick it to Evan Ashford.”

Dude. Not gonna happen, ‘kay?

Of course everything comes out as a huge misunderstanding, and with their summer together soon ending, Evan takes Mallory on touristy dates around the islands like going to a luau while wearing cutesy-matchy outfits, hiking to a grotto and watching a ceremony where they are now technically wedded in the island tradition, and a romantic dinner on a beach. But through all this you finally see them learning to try to trust each other.

Oh and the sex? LOTS of it. My favorite scene is in a car as they’re driving and then get pulled over. Though it’s dangerous, it’s sexy as hell!

Mallory returns to Colorado to finish her education, while Evan is left to wallow in his loneliness with his buddy, Zach, and watching Titanic.

“Because our girls are gone, this might explain how Zach and I ended up with a box of tissues on the coffee table and “Titanic” on the TV in the middle of the afternoon.”

Eventually Evan returns to New York to help keep his family’s business. Through phone calls and webcam chats, these two try to keep the island love alive in the midst of the everyday.

Will distance prove to pull these two love-birds apart or make the heart grow fonder?

I can’t wait for S.L. Scotts next book to see how this ends. But then, who ever said a summer fling could be a forever?

I don’t typically like a cliffie ending, but the one written at the end of Good Intentions is as much of am HEA cliffie you can get!

Good Intentions is available to purchase on Amazon for Kindle for $0.99 as of the date of this post.

**I received a review copy of Good Intentions for the purpose of an honest review. All opinions are my own. **

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...